Golden Kiwi Fruit JamJuly 29th, 2011 | Posted by in Recipes
As this recipe doesn’t use pectin, it’s won’t make a thick thick jam, but it does make a nice jam.
Makes about 250ml
400g Golden Kiwifruit
240g Caster Sugar
1. Roughly cut up kiwifruit into chunks and juice limes.
2. Put kiwifruit and lime juice into a medium sized saucepan, mash slightly and add sugar.
3. Turn on the stove to a low heat and place saucepan onto stove. Do not boil at this stage
4. Once fruit is warmed, blend fruit to desired consistancy (quick blend for chunks etc). You can skip this step for a chunky jam.
5. Place mixture back on the stove. Allow to boil while stirring occasionally to stop mixture sticking or burning to the pan.
6. Once mixture starts to jell, test every now and again by getting a teaspoon and ‘dripping’ the mixture off it. The slower it drips, the more jelled it is.
7. Whilst doing steps 5 & 6, sterilize the jar(s) that the jam will be put into.
8. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
9. Bottle the warm jam into warm jars.
10. Spread on bread and enjoy