Gingerbread SliceJune 4th, 2011 | Posted by in Recipes
I had been eyeing up making this for a while, and going to the High Tea last weekend gave me the perfect opportunity to make it.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup treacle
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 1/2 cups high grade flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
50g soft butter
2 cups icing sugar
1. Melt the butter, brown sugar, treacle and golden syrup in a large saucepan. Remove from heat.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger and cinnamon into the saucepan.
3. Lightly beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
4. Return to a low heat. Mix until everything is combined and the mixture is bubbly on the surface.
5. Line a baking tin with baking paper and pour mixture in.
6. Baking for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees or until cooked. Cool before icing.
1. Finely chop the lemon rind of one lemon.
2. Mix the butter, icing sugar and lemon rind until smooth. If a bit more liquid is needed use some of the juice of the lemon. Only add 1/2 a teaspoon lemon juice at a time and mix before adding anymore to ensure the icing doesn’t get to runny.
3. Spread onto cooled slice. Top with lemon rind (no need to chop) and cut the slice into finger size portions.