The 5000 Question Meme – Part OneMarch 26th, 2011 | Posted by in Thinking Hard
I’m jumping on the meme train this week :) I came across this one which is meant to be a Sunday meme, from Sunday Stealing, but it caught my interest. 6 days isn’t too late right?
1. Who are you?
I’m a wife, a mummy, a daughter, a sister, a geek, a photographer, a designer, a gamer, a baker etc. This list could go on for a while if I let it. Most importantly though I know who I am and am happy with it
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I read a quote when I was younger which said “Take a risk and accept the consequences or stand back and wonder how it might have been”. I love this quote and often refer back to it when trying to decide whether to do something or not.
I think the internet is fantastic.
I don’t think my parents did a terrible job raising me after all
3. When you aren’t memes like this one what are you doing?
Depends what my mood is. First priority over everything else is interacting with my baby
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
School was so long ago in my mind, I don’t remember in all honesty. I probably skipped more classes than i’ll admit though
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To be a great mummy
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I suck at this question, I got asked it in many job interviews and really, life changes so much every 12 months, where I might envision i’ll be in 5 years isn’t where I will be and probably not where I will want to be
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
Where I’m still deciding what I want to do with my life
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
Child-Like, I can’t wait until I can take Matthew to the beach and jump in the surf with him
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
“Sorry, can you please turn them off” (in reference to the lights being on)
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Yes, I’m a brown belt in Ashihara Karate
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Has it’s ups and downs, over all I think it gets better though
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Nope, but thats a post for another day
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Ideally, hanging out at home being lazy with a hot chocolate.
Actually, going shopping, doing the washing and hanging it up inside, cleaning up the house… this is what we did today in the crappy weather
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Haven’t lost my luggage so can’t compare, but I think losing my luggage would be worse
16. How is (or was) your relationship with your parents?
Good, we live with them and co-exist a lot better than when I was 19
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Often, though I do have my moments when I’m not really paying attention
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Take a risk and accept the consequences, or stand back and wonder how it might have been
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Changed throughout my life, the ones I can remember are a teacher, an advertising designer, a video editor, a flight attendant, a graphic designer and working somehow within media
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Bit of both, I try to have an even balance between them
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
Not always, depends what decision I am making
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Watching my mum have to watch her mum die of cancer
25. Who have you hugged today?
My husband and son