Strawberry MousseJanuary 2nd, 2010 | Posted by in Recipes
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 1/4 cups cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup boiling water
2 tsp gelatine
2 egg whites
1. Placed washed and hulled strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and cream into an electric blender
2. Place boiling water into small bowl, add gelatine and stir until disolved. Add to strawberries in blender.
3. Blend on medium speed for 30 secinds or until mixture is just combined.
4. Beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add strawberry mixture and stir until combinded.
5. Pour mixture into four individual serving dishes. Refridgerate until firm.
*Best results are not to blend the strawberries too finely – keep them quite chunky.
*Also – it really makes more than 4 servings – but you can gauge depending on the size of your dishes. Average cocktail will make probably 8.
*If you don’t have nice cocktail glasses/parfait glasses, they look good served in martini glasses/brandy balloons/wine glasses.