Strawberry Yoghurt Apple CakeJanuary 21st, 2008 | Posted by in Recipes
125g unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup caster sugar
1 cup canned apples
½ cup strawberry yoghurt
1 cup self-raising flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 large green apple, peeled
2 tsp melted unsalted butter
1 tsp cinnamon sugar
2 tbs strawberry jam, warmed, sieved
Extra strawberry yoghurt and sliced strawberries, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 20cm springform cake pan. Line base and side.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in pie apples and yoghurt, then fold in flour and cinnamon. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
3. Cut apple into quarters. Remove core and cut apple into thin slices. Arrange apple, slightly overlapping, over top of cake. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
4. Cook for about 75 mins (1¼ hours) or until cooked through. Brush with jam. Stand cake for 5 minutes in pan on a rack before removing sides.
5. Serve cake warm with extra yoghurt. Decorate with strawberries.